Mint Chip Shamrock Shake
Shamrock shake recipes seem to be a right of passage for any food blogger, especially this time of year.
Honestly, I have never had the McDonald’s version of the Shamrock Shake, so I have nothing to compare that way. I can only imagine it is like a creamy liquefied form of mint chip ice cream, which I have had. And that does sound amazing!
Using my Carob Chip recipe, this shake incorporates healthy fats, nutrient-rich sweetener, and fantastic flavour! Not to mention that the carob chips taste like little bits of oreo cookies…
This recipe is good either way, but I prefer it cold, so you can either make sure your avocado and coconut milk are chilled before blending, or you can chill afterwards (but who has patience for that!).
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1-1 1/5 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 large handful of fresh peppermint, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tablespoon collagen for a protein boost (optional)
- 1 tablespoon carob chips
- Combine all ingredients except carob chips and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add carob chips to blender and pulse once or twice to break them up and mix them in.
- Serve in your favourite glass with a couple extra carob chips on top for garnish.
This is good room temp or cold, but I prefer cold. Chill avocado and coconut milk prior to blending so it is cold, just be sure you don't chill so long that the coconut milk solidifies.