Greek Shrimp Salad with Tzatziki Dressing
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Before I went AIP, I always ate my salads and fresh veggies with a healthy helping of creamy dressing, usually ranch.
Unless, of course, it was a (nightshade-rich) Greek salad.
Once I started following the autoimmune protocol, I couldn’t have either.
With this salad, I can have both! And it’s fast and easy! And delicious! And it has three different colours of veggies (remember to eat your rainbow, folks!).
With summer upon us, it makes for a cool meal on a hot day. Or when you just don’t feel like cooking! For a change of pace, this would also be delicious with Greek Lamb Kebabs instead of shrimp.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 can sliced black olives
- 1/4 slivered red onion
- 1-2 cups pre-cooked, thawed baby shrimp, dried well
- Cream of one can of full-fat coconut milk (chilled in the fridge beforehand)
- 1/4 English cucumber, shredded and squeezed dry VERY well
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Dash of sea salt (to taste)
- Dash of garlic powder (to taste)
- Dash of dill (to taste)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together well. Chill for 10-15 minutes to help meld flavours (but not so long that the coconut cream solidifies!).
- Combine all salad ingredients except shrimp and toss together in a bowl.
- Add shrimp to salad just before serving. Give dressing one last whisk and add to salad and toss to coat well.
Omit shrimp if vegan. May substitute raw cultured sour cream or yogurt for the coconut cream for a more WAPF-friendly dressing. If using sour cream, you may want to limit/omit the ACV/lemon juice.
See?! Easy, fast, delicious, and nutritious! Happy summering!!!
This recipe has been shared on Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable!